Thursday, January 26, 2012

Wedding day: bridesmaids

I am not one who makes friends easily. While I'm not exactly shy, it's hard for me to get to that next level with people. Fortunately, I have a built-in best friend in my little sister (and now two more!) and have always considered my cousins to be my dearest friends. Though that's not to say that our friendships aren't intentional. 

When I moved away from home, the Lord blessed me with two dorm sisters (Leslie and Jodi), with whom I walked through some very pivotal moments in life. After moving out of the dorm, when friends weren't always an arm's reach away, I struggled with feeling very lonely at times (so much so that I did everything in my power to try and transfer back to Arizona). It was during this season in life that my mama told me ever-so-wisely to share my heart with the Lord. Over the next couple years, the Lord brought so many amazing women into my life, and strengthened my appreciation for the genuine
friends I already had. 


This is why I had such a ridiculously large bridal party (not because I think I am that popular). While I certainly could not include every single woman that is important to me, I am incredibly thankful for the friends that agreed to stand by my side that day.










2 comments:

Brian and Becca Kuster said...

i absolutely l.o.v.e reading and seeing pictures about your wedding day. love hearing your thoughts and reflections. what a special day. brian and i still tear up everytime we talk about a certain time during your ceremony (does not include our son walking down the aisle.) your wedding brought such honor and glory to the Lord. it was an honor to stand with you!! we love you both! congrats on a year! the best is yet to come... i promise!!

Jenna Lee and Ryan William said...

thanks becca lyn! we love you guys too & are thankful for a great example of marriage (and parenting) in our lives. xo.

Post a Comment