Friday, February 17, 2012

Wedding day: the ceremony

Both being lovers of the outdoors, we felt it only fitting to have our wedding ceremony there. I felt so strongly about that decision, I even told my mom that if it rained, we would have to buy umbrellas. Thankfully for all of our guests, it did not rain.

I can still vividly remember feeling the warmth of the sun against my shoulders as I stood holding onto Ryan's hands, seeing rays of light streaming through that big desert tree, and thinking to myself how graciously God had given us this perfect January day.

Our ceremony, for us at least, was extremely storybook-esque. With so many of our loved ones gathered around, under the vast blue sky, listening to an eloquent reading by Aunt Christy, an impactful message from our beloved pastor/adopted uncle Tim, and acoustic performances of our favorite hymns by the ever-talented Ben. We were so blessed to have so many people willing to give of their time and talents to support us that day. And I cannot get over how cute our little flower girl and ring bearer (& their helpers!) were.















2 comments:

Brian and Becca Kuster said...

wow. gorgeous!

at some point, i would love a copy of that pic of my boys! i hadn't seen that pic and i love it.

Jenna Lee and Ryan William said...

most certainly! there's a few more too... i will e-mail them to you.

Post a Comment